The Sensei diet program is like having a personal diet coach right on your computer or cell phone. The word Sensei is Japanese for teacher. It's an accurate term for this very unique weight loss program. Learn more in the following interview with Dr. Robert Schwartzberg, President of Sensei, Inc.
The Sensei Diet Program
Recently, LoveToKnow was able to speak with Dr. Robert Schwartzberg of Senei Weight Loss about his unique diet program. He not only shared how his program works, he also offered some helpful tips to help dieters see success.
Interview with Dr. Robert Schwartzberg
What is the Sensei diet program?Sensei is a completely new approach to long term weight loss. It combines the latest in technology with proven weight loss and behavior modification strategies to help people reach their weight loss goals. Sensei empowers and educates users to develop healthy habits that last a lifetime.
It's like having your own nutritionist and health coach at your fingertips, delivering customized meal plans, weekly shopping lists, goal tracking and motivational support right to your computer and mobile phone.
Sensei was formed in 2005 with a focus on health and wellness solutions. Sensei's executive team consists of experienced professionals in the fields of wireless technology, behavioral psychology, medicine, nutrition and software development.
Is this a replacement for other diet programs?
Yes, Sensei is a comprehensive weight loss program. Sensei program creates a personalized plan, providing all the tools you need to reach your weight loss goals while taking into account personal preferences, needs and daily lifestyle.
You won't have to count points or buy boxed meals with our program. Sensei fits seamlessly into your day by allowing you to eat what and where you like while offering advice and support along the way. Sensei even allows you the freedom to eat at fast food and sit down restaurants, providing you the healthiest options available, plus tips for ordering.
How can it enhance other diet programs?
Sensei's personalization and flexibility make it a wonderful addition to any diet program. It takes the guess work out of planning by providing weekly menus and shopping lists. Custom Sensei Alerts are sent right to your phone to encourage healthier choices one meal at a time. Next generation motivation when and where you need it based on your goals and challenges.
How was it developed?
Sensei was developed by a team of physicians, nutritionists, behavioral psychologists and software engineers with the goal of creating innovative solution for health and wellness, transforming your mobile phone and personal computer into a personal coach, a sensei.
What are the benefits of using Sensei?
- Sensei creates a personalized plan based on personal preferences and lifestyle.
- Sensei promotes long term success through lifestyle change. A change that occurs as part of the experience of having healthy, appealing menus and the encouragement of a health coach when and where you need it.
- Sensei quickly adapts to schedule changes or unexpected craving so you can. You can replace individual foods, meals, check your shopping list and more on your phone or computer at anytime.
- Sensei allows you the freedom to eat out at restaurants, cook at home or find the right cuisine at the airport. Healthier lifestyle to us is a little healthier version of what you like to eat and do.
- Sensei is a long term solution. With this program you learn the healthy behaviors, great meals you need to lose weight and keep it off for a lifetime. No more yo-yo dieting or magic pills. Sensei is a real plan for real people.
How long does someone have to commit to this program?
Sensei is not a quick fix or fad diet. We want you to lose the weight and keep it off. It takes time to change the habits that caused you to put on weight in the first place.
For this reason we encourage users to make a minimum of a three month commitment to the program. How long they need to stay on the program also depends on their personal goals, how much weight they have to lose and how much support they need once they've lost the weight.
Is Sensei affordable?Sensei is not only affordable compared to other popular weight loss programs, but we've taken cost savings a step further with our Budget Friendly program. This option includes healthy, delicious meals designed with a focus on cost conscious ingredients, shopping tips and flexibility that allows you to take advantage of coupons and store specials. Save over 20 percent on your monthly grocery bill.
Is it difficult to use?
If you know how to use a computer you can use Sensei. After you register online, information and interactive messages are sent right to your mobile phone and participation is a click away.
What foods are on the plan?
All of Sensei's meal plans are based around healthy food choices that are readily available. No expensive boxed meals, supplements or diet foods required on this program. Whether you eat out, get fast food or like to cook at home, Sensei takes your lifestyle and preferences into consideration.
Is it difficult to follow while feeding a family?
Because the Sensei plan is based on healthy food choices that are readily available, anyone can easily follow this plan and feed the family. You can even prepare what you're eating for your family with our wide selection of meals and recipes. That way everyone eats healthier!
What tips can you offer to help people stick to their diets?
- Choose a diet that fits your needs and lifestyle. If your diet is labor intensive or hard to follow you'll be a lot less likely to stick with it.
- Stop thinking about it as a diet and adopt your new healthy habits as a way of life.
- Find support. Enlist the help of a friend or coach to help keep you motivated and on track.
- Go easy on yourself. You didn't gain the weight overnight so cut yourself some slack when it comes to losing it. Focus on smaller goals (maybe just losing 10 percent of your current weight to start) and celebrate your successes along the way.
- Allow yourself one "cheat day" a week. On this day you can indulge in your favorite foods (in moderation) so you're not feeling deprived following your healthy eating plan the rest of the week.
If you're looking for a new diet program, give the Sensei diet program a try. They even offer a free two week trial on their website. LoveToKnow would like to thank Dr. Schwartzberg for taking the time to discuss his diet program.