Fill your diet with health foods like oranges and belly fat may disappear. That's right. You don't have to continue to live with that belly fat, and the time to do something about it is now!
If you are in the midst of the battle of the bulge, you're certainly not alone. Our fast-paced world often makes it difficult to stay trim and fit. Eating on the run is a natural solution for parents who speed from work to school to ballgames and any number of extracurricular activities. Little time is left for exercise and calorie counting. Salads, vegetables, apples, oranges and belly fat certainly don't go hand in hand, and eating on the go typically includes digesting fat-filled foods, high in calories and low in nutritional value. Processed, frozen foods are also quick-fix solutions that pile on the pounds. It's no wonder that obesity has reached epidemic proportions in our children!
What Causes Belly Fat?
A build up of belly fat can come from a variety of sources. Once you understand how your body and digestion of the food you ingest works, you can begin to control what you put into your body and change how your body responds to your caloric intake.
- Genes - Nobody disputes the fact that genetics can play a huge role in the appearance of your body. For some, fat storage occurs in the lower portion of the body--hips, thighs, etc. For others, fat settles into the middle portion--the belly.
- Lifestyles - How stressful is your life? Stress can have a direct bearing on weight management. Stress releases cortisol, known as the stress hormone, which causes your liver to make excess sugar, storing up fat in your midsection.
- Digestion Problems - How well do you digest your food? Are the foods you eat causing excess gas, bloating, indigestion, and other problems?
- Age - There's no doubt about it. Age plays a significant role in the increase of belly fat. For women, menopause often results in extra fat that is stored in the belly. For men and women, the advancing years means a slower metabolism resulting in belly fat as well.
- Eating Times -Does it really matter what time of day or night you eat? It can have a direct bearing if you choose the wrong foods for a late night snack. Choose foods like oranges and belly fat may start to disappear. Pack in the donuts, however, and don't be surprised when the scales start inching up the next morning.
Oranges and Belly Fat
It's easy to see that eating the right foods can help you lose weight. Fruits and vegetables are the keys to a successful diet. What type of fruits and vegetables? According to an article in Prevention, when in doubt, choose the color orange. The author, Elena Rover, states, "Besides packing in the fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer, researchers suspect it's the rich antioxidants, such as vitamin C and beta-carotene, that ward off ab fat. Carrots, cantaloupe, squash, and peaches are great sources of beta-carotene, while oranges, berries, and kiwi provide a good dose of C. To keep calories down, pick veggies, like bell peppers, before fruits, and choose fruits over juice."Can you lose that belly fat? Sure, you can. Change your diet, incorporate exercise into your daily life, and head down the road to a trimmer, healthier you! Good luck, and happy, healthy eating!