Chobani Greek Yogurt is one of the most popular brands of this thick and creamy type of yogurt. That's due to the company's commitment to using the very best ingredients, as well as the highest manufacturing standards, which give their product an edge over many of their competitors.
Chobani's Secret to Great Greek Yogurt
Chobani Greek Yogurt is made in New York State by a man named Mustafa Dogan. Dubbed the "master yogurt maker," Dogan is a literal yogurt artisan, mixing custom blends together to create the distinctive Chobani taste.
The company not only draws on the experience and expertise of their yogurt maker, but on a commitment to quality products and manufacturing processes. Here are just a few of the things that make the company one of the leading brands on the market.
- No cutting corners. The company boasts of its delicate yogurt-making process, which uses three pounds of milk for every one pound of yogurt.
- Unique straining process. Greek yogurt is made by straining or removing the whey from regular yogurt. This results in a much thicker and creamier product. The Chobani company utilizes a unique straining process that gives their yogurt its distinctive thickness.
- Natural products. You'll find no artificial additives or preservatives here. The company focuses on all-natural ingredients and real fruit flavors to make a healthy snack you will enjoy giving to your whole family.
- Healthy and safe. The nonfat or low-fat milk used in this yogurt contains no growth hormones and isn't treated with rBST. Additionally, it contains a hefty amount of protein and plenty of calcium for strong bone health.
- Allergy-safe. This yogurt is free of corn, nut, and soy allergens.
- Live and active cultures. The majority of your brand-name yogurts contain live and active cultures, but Chobani has five, including three probiotics, which help your digestive system.
A Variety of Flavors
The company offers a variety of flavors to suit any taste.
Low-fat (2%) Flavors
Flavors For Kids (2%)
Different Ways to Use Chobani
Greek yogurt isn't just a sweet treat. Plain yogurt has a variety of savory uses and can also be used in recipes in place of other higher-fat ingredients. Here are a few ways to use Greek yogurt.
Plain yogurt can be used as a replacement for sour cream. Use it as a topping or stir it into some of your favorite meals.
- Top a baked potato.
- Stir it into spicy chilis and soups.
- Use it in tacos or taco salads.
Fruity yogurts are very sweet. Use them to sweeten oatmeal or cereals.
- Stir a couple of tablespoons of blueberry or pomegranate yogurt into your oatmeal in place of sugar or other sweeteners.
- Instead of milk, mix granola with your favorite fruity yogurt for a delicious, filling breakfast.
Eat it as a healthy after-dinner dessert.
- Top a bowl of low-fat ice cream with chocolate or honey Greek yogurt.
- Eat it plain with fresh fruit.
Benefits of Greek Yogurt
Due to its high protein content, Greek yogurt is often consider a healthier yogurt. It usually contains no added sugar, and instead gets its sweetness from fresh fruit or honey. Because of its flexibility in both sweet and savory foods, this particular yogurt makes an excellent addition to a healthy diet.