If you've ever faced a diet and thought, "I can't do this," then the I Can Do This Diet might be for you. Developed by Dr. Don Colbert, a board certified medical doctor of family practice and anti-aging medicine, the diet aims to help individuals lose weight and get on the path of lifetime health once and for all.
I Can Do This Diet
Though the I Can Do This program does deal with weight loss, many success stories of the program believe that it is really more of a lifestyle change that you can apply for the rest of your life. Dr. Colbert believes that people often fail at dieting because they are trying to fight against their bodies. The I Can Do This program helps individuals learn how to work with their body to lose excess weight and to attain lifetime good health.
A cornerstone of the program is the I Can Do This Diet book, which details the entire diet and program. The following are some of the highlights.
- Diet versus Lifetime Changes - Dr. Colbert discusses why many diets fail and how this particular program can help you achieve your target results. Additionally, he covers some of the many reasons people have trouble during weight loss, such as insulin resistance, imbalances, and allergies.
- Information about Popular Diets - Colbert takes time to discuss other diets on the market, dispelling myths and answering important questions vital to your long-term success.
- Metabolism Advice - The book offers detailed tips and advice on how to boost your metabolism, making your weight loss and subsequent maintenance that much easier.
- Myth-Busting Answers - Dr. Colbert offers answers about common diet questions, mistakes, and fallacies to help dieters stay on track and better understand their bodies and health.
- Eating Plan - In addition to a customized menu, the book includes information about grocery shopping, cooking, and even eating out - all important aspects of making a diet work for you and your real life.
- Importance of Exercise - Like most well-rounded diets, the I Can Do This plan is not only based on proper nutrition, but advises a regimen of cardiovascular and muscle strengthening exercising to help speed up your metabolism and burn fat.
One of the unique aspects of this particular diet is its reliance on fiber supplements. Dietary fiber, of course, is an important part of nutrition for the human body. Fiber helps the body maintain digestion and work properly. Rather than emphasize high-fiber foods, the I Can Do This program instead promotes the use of fiber supplements. Some medical professionals question this idea and would prefer to see the diet rely more on whole foods than supplements.
Additional Books by Colbert
Dr. Colbert is the author of several weight loss and health-related books, including:
- The Seven Pillars of Health
- Eat This and Live
- Get Healthy Through Detox and Fasting
- Living in Divine Health
- Toxic Relief
- Stress Less
- What You Don't Know May Be Killing You.
The I Can Do This Diet is a balanced and positive approach to weight loss that has received diet reviews, both good and bad. As with all diets, it's a good idea to consult a doctor and commit to an exercise regimen to fully maximize the experience.