Most people are eager to discover how to naturally lose weight fast. Not only is it important to them to be able to lose weight quickly, but also to do so in a way that is healthy and does not involve diet pills or other unhealthy choices.
The Importance of Natural Weight Loss
Many people want to lose weight, but most of them want to steer clear of fad diets and crash diets that may work in the short term but don't provide long-term weight loss results and may actually cause health problems down the line.
Just because a supplement is considered safe now does not mean that some time later it won't be decided that the manufactured product or drug is dangerous. It is much better to learn how to naturally lose weight fast, because it is safe and allows you to approach weight loss in a healthy way that keeps the weight off in the future.
How to Naturally Lose Weight Fast
Before we talk about specific strategies for losing weight quickly, there are a few healthy basics that you need to make sure are in place before you begin a weight-loss program:
- Exercise. If you aren't getting regular exercise, get started. Go for a walk or do some other moderate exercise at least three times a week, and work up to five times a week if you can.
- Water. Most people go through life dehydrated, and it is important to drink a lot of water when you are trying to lose weight. Replacing caloric beverages with water can make a big difference, and drinking water may help make feelings of hunger go away.
- Sleep. Getting adequate rest is vital to having the energy to exercise, as well as to keeping your metabolism in good working order. If you aren't getting at least seven hours of sleep right now, do what you can to start sleeping more.
Once you have these basics in place, losing weight naturally and quickly will be easier. There's no magic bullet involved in this plan, but if you can stick with it you should find yourself losing weight steadily.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. It seems like many diet plans start with this basic, and there's a good reason for it. Fruits and vegetables are high in water and fiber and low in calories. That means they'll make you feel fuller longer and with fewer calories than other foods.
- Stock up on whole grains. Again, fiber is the reason that complex carbs should be on your plate. Whole grains keep your blood sugar on an even level through the day, which will keep you from running for that 4 p.m. candy bar. They're also low in calories for the fullness factor you get from them.
- Choose lean protein. And cut back on meat if you can. Beans, tofu and lean meats are satisfying without all the fat that's found in some cuts of beef and pork. And go for preparations that don't add a lot of fat, such as grilling or sautéing.
- Try some natural metabolism boosters. Did you know there are foods that boost your metabolism? Try adding oatmeal, green tea and foods with a spicy kick to your diet to give it a boost.
Making these basic changes, along with getting regular exercise, should help you lose a couple of pounds a week, so long as you keep your calories in check.
The key to how to naturally lose weight fast is knowing that it takes 3,500 calories to make a pound of weight, so it takes consuming 3,500 calories fewer (or burning 3,500 calories more) to lose a pound of weight.
That means if you burn 500 calories a day more than you have been, without any change in your diet, you'll lose a pound a week. If you combine being more active with cutting 500 calories of food a day, you'll lose two pounds a week.
Using the above guidelines and cutting out some of the high-calorie snacks and sodas you're eating now in favor of lower-calorie fruits and vegetables should make losing weight naturally and quickly easy for you.