Choosing the best fiber snack bar over those traditional candy bars and cookies will increase your fiber intake and leave you feeling much more satisfied throughout the day.
Fiber and Your Health
You've heard that fiber should be a part of your daily nutrition, but packaged and fast foods are just so convenient! Even if you've never made this excuse, you've probably heard someone else use it, and while quick foods are convenient, they may not be healthy. You do have other choices, however. Incorporating healthy snacks into your daily diet is actually quite simple. You just have to change the way you think about food.
On-the-go snacks are essentials on those days when you simply can't take the time to prepare a healthy snack and then sit down to eat it. While candy bars and cookies are certainly easy to inhale on the go, there are other grab-and-go foods that are good for you. The best part? Healthy fiber-filled snacks pack a powerful punch in satisfying your hunger pains, and they also help regulate your blood sugar levels, preventing you from experiencing those sugar spikes throughout the day that often occur when you eat sugar-filled, processed foods.
Points to Remember
Fiber snack bars are a great source of fiber, and they make delicious and nutritious between-meals snacks. There are some points to keep in mind, however, as you search for the best fiber bar for your snack.
- Fiber snack bars should be a supplement to other healthy foods. They should not be eaten in place of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Be sure to check the ingredient label because some high fiber bars also contain high sugar levels, which actually negate the positive effects of the fiber in the snack bar.
- Don't overdo your fiber intake all at once. Gradually increase your consumption of fiber-rich foods to allow your body time to adjust.
Choosing the Best Fiber Snack Bar
What is the best fiber snack bar? That depends on your taste preferences. The following snack bars have received numerous praises from consumers. Many of these may be found at your local grocery or health food store, and you can also order them online.
- Nu Go Bars: These healthy snacks are full of beneficial minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients, including fiber-rich whole grains. According to the website, Gnu Bars' whole grains contain all of the parts of the entire grain kernel, eliminating the milling process. In addition, these high fiber snack bars provide nearly half the daily value of fiber your body requires. The best part? They taste great!
- South Beach Living Fiber Fit Bars: Another favorite fiber snack bar, purchase these in packs of eight. South Beach Diet foods are dieting favorites, and these bars are a delicious source of fiber and contain no high fructose corn syrup.
- Quaker Oatmeal to Go Bars:The name Quaker is synonymous with oats and healthy foods. Because you don't always have time to cook and eat a bowl of oatmeal, however, Oatmeal to Go bars are a delicious option. These bars are an excellent source of dietary fiber and, based on a 2,000 calorie diet, provide 20 percent of your daily value for vitamins A and B6 and calcium and iron.
Best Fiber Snacks
While there are numerous, yummy fiber snack bars on the market, you can also add the following foods to your list of healthy snacks.
- Dried fruits
- Fresh fruit
- Whole wheat toast with peanut butter
- Whole wheat waffles, pancakes, muffins, etc.
- Bran cereal
Finally, the best fiber snack bar won't do you any good if you don't eat it, so choose bars that you really like and keep them stashed in your purse, office drawer, or car console. Don't forget that fiber snack bars are great snacks for your kids as well!