Have you ever wondered, does LA Weight Loss really work? Well, you're not alone. It can be very challenging to consider trying a new weight loss program, especially when there is so much information out there about diets "failing." However, it's important to note that most reputable diet programs, including LA Weight Loss, will generally work if you're willing to put time and effort into them.
About the Program
LA Weight Loss centers were once a weight loss program giant with over 400 centers throughout the United States. In 2008, the company filed for voluntary bankruptcy, closing the majority of its centers and driving traffic to its online program.
This online-based program includes three basic stages.
The first phase is dedicated to the bulk of your weight loss, in which many foods are eliminated and a high protein diet is emphasized. This phase is made of a few subphases, as follows.
- Two-Day Kickstart - This two-day plan uses the LA TakeOFF juice and a tailored plan to help you take off the first few pounds quickly and prepare your body for optimal weight loss.
- LA Rapid Results - The LA Rapid Results Food Guide should be followed until you reach goal or lose your first 20 pounds, whichever comes first. This highly detailed program separates foods into nine main groups including proteins, vegetables, starches, fruits, LA Lites, fats, dairy, beverages, and extras. The plan helps determine when to eat and how much to eat, all based on your personal health and nutritional needs.
- LA My Way - The LA My Way Food Guide includes an expanded food list and more great tips and tailored advice to help you continue with your weight loss goals.
The second stage is meant to help you begin maintenance. This stage generally lasts six weeks and includes a higher calorie range than a LA Weight Loss dieter is typically used to.
The third and final stage reintroduces many of the previously banned foods and is basically meant to last for a lifetime to help participants maintain their new, healthy lifestyle.
The program also includes a one-on-one counselor, a dedicated plan, and foods, diet bars, and other products for an additional cost. LA Lites and LA SmartTrim Nutritionals are just some of the products available for purchase to help maximize your weight loss and keep it off for good!
Over the lifetime of the company, LA Weight Loss has had mixed reviews. The following are some pros and cons for the program.
- The program included counselors with whom participants met in person. Many people felt that this sort of one-on-one attention promoted a healthy motivation as well as inspiration, advice, and tips right when you need it to stay on track with weight loss goals.
- The program offered supplementary products and even food for those wanting to purchase them.
- LA Weight Loss was generally based on principles of a gradual, healthy weight loss, which is widely considered to be the very best approach to long-term weight solutions.
- The diet was flexible enough to allow for alcoholic beverages on occasion and dining out options. This is encouraging for those who want a diet that fits into their real life.
- The program can be tailored to suit a meat-free diet.
- The program can be very expensive. Many naysayers complain about the LA Weight Loss requirement that fees be paid up front, which can add up to quite a bit on the first day of your program. The suggested supplemental products are an added expense to boot.
- The LA Weight Loss program does not design exercise plans, which means participants need to spend additional money on gym memberships or personal trainers in order to truly maximize their weight loss.
- The calorie range can be very restrictive and may cause you to be hungry.
So Does It Work?
So, does LA Weight Loss Really work? It works as so many other programs do: only when participants strictly follow the plans and advice of their counselors. To make the program work for you, be sure to truly commit to the diet and to your own health.